Snug Harbor Resort is easy to get to by car, boat or plane. If you come by car, after a beautiful
ride on a Washington State Ferry through the San Juan Island archipelago, you will arrive at Friday
Harbor. We are approximately 9 miles from the ferry dock on the West side of the island.
Another option is to fly into Friday Harbor Airport or Roche Harbor Airport on Kenmore Air. Ground transportation can be by taxi or rental car after your arrival.
If you plan to arrive by private vessel please call for moorage reservations in our marina.
Beginning January of 2015 the Washington State ferry system launched a new online reservation system. If you plan to utilize the ferry system we strongly recommend you make your round trip ferry reservations as far in advance as possible.
Space is released in a tiered schedule, 30% of capacity is released when the sailing season begins, (ie. Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall), 30% of capacity will be released 14 days in advance of sailing date, 30% of capacity will be released 2 days in advance of sailing date and 10% reserved for drive up traffic.Washington State Ferry Schedule Washington State Ferry System Reservations
- Follow cars off of ferry to the right where you will continue left on Spring St.
- Turn right on Second St. Go straight at 4 way stop (Guard St.).
- Go straight through 3 way stop. Guard St. will become Beaverton Valley Road.
- Continue for approximately 8 miles until you come to Mitchell Bay Road.
- Turn Left on Mitchell Bay Road. You will come to a driftwood sign saying Snug Harbor and Whale Watch Tours. Stay to the right of the sign and continue down Mitchell Bay Road. We're at the bottom of the hill.
We look forward to your visit!